Tuesday, May 02, 2006

youth choir

heh, prayers are always answered, guidance is always given. through the most amazing ways! :D

got this off manda's blog ;)

Lord, sometimes I wish I was the one who always had the stage,
that people thought I was wonderful and always gave me praise.
I'd love to get the glory. I'd love to steal the show.
I'd love to watch them standing when I look into the rows.
But what if tonight when I walked on stage I found I was alone,
And all the seats were empty and everyone else was home?
Can I honestly say that I would stay and do my best for You-
If no one else was there to notice all of the things I do?

It makes me wonder....

Would I give it my all if I were always standing on an empty stage?
Would I still go the distance if no one gave me praise?
Would I want to shine so brightly if I was only in Heavenly light?
Lord, would I care to share if it was just You here tonight?
What motivates my actions in everything I do?
Am I really just serving me while pretending I'm serving You?
Lord, You know how much I need to hear that everyone knows my name.
But if they don't know Yours, how much have I really gained?
So if I should ever stand on stage and listen to the cheers,
Remind me that it's just noise unless Yours are the claps I hear.
Whatever I do in this life, may I always long for Your praise.
Whenever I look to the world for esteem, may Your blood humble me back into place.
And if I should ever get angry for not receiving the credit I'm due,
Lord, remind me that instead of a pat on the back, they gave a cross to You.

i hope to always remember this, esp with the youth choir. it's such a daunting task, but i must remember that i am not doing this for myself. i am so afraid at times, of what people/members think or what people will think when we do perform. there are so few of us, are we good enough? can we even be considered a choir? what if no one has anything good to say about us? what if i can't lead the choir well and i'm just not musically qualified enough? how far can i lead with my limited musical knowledge and experience?

i love singing. i want others to share my joy too. but i am (was?) really scared. i don't feel that i can 'impart' vocal knowledge or teach songs properly. i hoped to be reassured with praises but i must remember that this is nt why i started the youth choir in the first place.

karen said, this choir is what we "daringly embarked on because we know it is a calling from the Big Guy up there" :D and i must remember that it is for His glory and not mine.

here's a summarized version of sth she shared with me, perhaps it'll be an inspiration to whoever's reading this too. doesnt have to apply to music but it reassures me in many ways :D

Talents used are talents multiplied. God does not supernaturally endow us with the qualifications we
lack; but while we use that which we have, He will work with us to increase and strengthen every faculty. While we yield ourselves as instruments for the Holy Spirit's working, the grace of God works in us to deny old inclinations, to overcome powerful propensities, and to form new habits.

The humble worker who obediently responds to the call of God may be sure of receiving divine assistance. To accept so great and holy a responsibility is itself elevating to the character. It calls into action the highest mental and spiritual powers, and strengthens and purifies the mind and heart. Through faith in the power of God, it is wonderful how strong a weak man may become, how decided his efforts, how prolific of great results.

He who begins with a little knowledge, in a humble way, and tells what he knows, while seeking diligently for further knowledge, will find the whole heavenly treasure awaiting his demand. The more he seeks to impart light, the more light he will receive. The more one tries to explain the word of God to others, with a love for souls, the plainer it becomes to himself. The more we use our knowledge and exercise our powers, the more knowledge and power we shall have.

Every effort made for Christ will react in blessing upon ourselves. If we use our means for His glory, He will give us more. As we seek to win others to Christ, bearing the burden of souls in our prayers, our own hearts will throb with the quickening influence of God's grace; our own affections will glow with more divine fervor; our whole Christian life will be more of a reality, more earnest, more prayerful.


haha okay, goodnight world :)

3 Comments:

Blogger spike said...

very inspiring.. very moving.. dun worry. i've said it many times to u.. u are a great blessing from God. i really think so. may God help us in all our endevours. and may we always bear in mind, it's for His glory. =D

1:34 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Hi sheena! Glad you've started blogging again! By the way, all the best for all your interviews/selections/whatever. :D May the Lord take you where his plan was intended to.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yo sheeeee...

relac yeah? if u need help on building up ur youth choir u can always approach me for advice :)

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home